Design // Function // Flexibility
Adhesion solutions for visual and technical requirements.
An appealing surface texture and presumption as well as high structural degrees of freedom are a basic requirement for most industries and users; In many segments (architecture, furniture industry, showcases, etc.) this is already obligatory. The design requirements as well as the asymmetrical connections make high demands on door / door design as well as on the texture, shape and kinematics of hinges and hinge assemblies.
»Design-relevant industries for which our design and special solutions are designed, among others.:
- Furniture industry, kitchen construction, (museum) vitrine construction
- Shipbuilding and yacht building
- (Interior) architecture
- Glass, facade and shop building
- Design and construction offices
- All industrial lasers with optical and / or constructive special requirements
»Design-relevant applications can also be found in our design applications.
»You can also find design-related designs under aluminum profiles, special hinges or in the SEPTOMAX product range.
The following product examples primarily serve as a stimulus or impulse for possible design options, which can be implemented in the respective individual case. Further details regarding the feasibility of your individual application can be obtained in consultation with our contact persons.
Our design focus
In the following, we present selected categories of hinge solutions that address these requirements. We pay particular attention to the following conditions:
- Surface tolerances: a wide range of surface coatings for galvanizing, powder coating, cathodic surface treatment, chromating or combined coating such as zinc nikel / KTL can be realized for our assortment (individual packaging if required).
- Material variants: If necessary, we rely on optically high-quality aluminum materials, which offer a significant optical upgrade, especially in the profile area. In addition, stainless steel or V4A (seawater-resistant) materials can be used; This also applies to our accessories.
- Technical options: In addition, we use a smooth, interference-free surface. Self-locking rudder pins, so that no rivet head is left in the field of view; Furthermore, countersunk holes provide, if required, a flat flap surface of the hinges. Other embellishments (lettering, engraving, etc.) can also be implemented depending on the technical requirements.
Our Design Categories
SEPTOMAX multi - joint solutions
Multi-link hinges as standard as well as special solution for individual kinematics, completely inside, with max. Opening angle of up to 180 degrees, made of V2A or steel.
Aluminum profile hinges
Formal variants, free color selection, anodized or powdered, optionally with various hole patterns, available as standard as well as with special designs.
Zinc die-cast & PA hinges
With a special raised surface, in black or silver, without corrosion, also with torque function and hole pictures, in the standard stock.
Filigrane variants for light to medium-heavy connections, all surface requirements and processing can be realized according to customer requirements.
Assortment of concealed hinges for interference-free surfaces, among others. Construction tapes, tape reels or also as release versions.
For individual requirements or requirements regarding the optical characteristics and functionality, completely specific solutions can be designed.
Kaltenbach Design Products // Individualized end product solutions
live - keep - work // for any private & industrial user
The Emil Kaltenbach hinge competence as a mental starting point for the final product design. In other words: the end product follows or corresponds to the hinge technology; and not the other way around. Not infrequently, as a specialist supplier of connection solutions, we are commissioned with the design of a hinge solution only after completion of the final product design. At this time, the design options for a functional high-quality or high-quality connection solution are clearly limited; Often only sub-optimal solutions are used.
However, we consider the possibilities of equipping a high-quality end product with a high-quality hinging solution that fits the bill analogously to be an essential one. In complex and high-priced pieces of furniture, cabinets or design applications, conventional standard hinges are often found to have the simplest function and a low demand for appearance and appearance.
Against this background, interested parties and customers can individually request "complete product solutions" from Kaltenbach in order to have a corresponding product design followed by an analogue hinge technology:
- Philosophy // Design fits Function ... quality end products are based on high quality connection systems
- Design // Development of product end design with adapted connection technology
- Individualization // Consideration of specific specifications in design and function
- Quality assurance // Product development and production according to certified standards
Contacts // Your contact or design and function questions ...
Selected Design Examples
Our design-related applications are neither functional nor sector-specific. Our solutions are designed and tested according to the specific applications of our customers as a single product or in the assembly group.
The following examples are intended to illustrate the spectrum of design-relevant product solutions. Please ask for individual design elements for usability for the particular application at [contact person].
Multi-Joint Kinematics (Septomax)
Spring components and detents
Galvanizing with lock disc
Individual solutions for furniture construction
powder-coated surface, matt anthracite
Aluminum structures, frosted
Loading components, filigree milling
Individual band roll
Heavy duty hinges with visual enhancement
Fixing elements as a closure solution
Screw-on solutions with powder coating
Locking suspension and adjustment
Compact product variant
3D print versions
180 degree hinge solutions
complex milling assembly
Solutions for glass surfaces